If you haven't already begun using Text Message Marketing for your business or organization, you are missing out on the most direct form of marketing our society has ever known. If you already utilize text marketing, now may be the time to discuss how your campaigns can evolve to drive customers to take action and generate greater return for your business. Listed below are the 10 top reasons why businesses should use SMS marketing:
1. Only guests, clients, or customers who have an established relationship with you and want to do more business with you will receive your message. You only pay to market to customers who have opted-in to receive offers from you because they have given you permission to send them text offers/alerts.
2. Your customers always carry their cell phone. Text message marketing ensures that your message reaches your customers no matter where they are. This lets you speak to your potential customers in a one on one manner that is unmatched by other marketing channel.
3. Text message marketing is effective and produces a redemption rate anywhere from 10% to 50%. Compare that to print, TV, radio or direct mail which averages 1.5%.
4. The time to market is immediate. No more waiting for ad copy to be proofed. Weeks for new campaigns to be designed. You can begin a new campaign from creation to deliver in a few minutes.
5. Over 95% of text messages sent are opened and read by your customers within the first 10 minutes. No other advertising medium has that relationship with the consumer. Text message ads engage the consumer in a way that makes them look forward to receiving more text marketing messages from your business.
6. Text marketing allows you to measure the results and scope of your other advertising. Businesses should use SMS Marketing by placing a text to action on your direct mail, newspaper, radio or TV ads and you will know that day which advertising is reaching your target market and which is not producing a return on your investment.
7. Text message marketing is cost efficient and produces the highest rate of return for you advertising dollar. The cost of your outgoing text messages are 2 to 4 cents, compared to direct mail pieces that can cost over $1.00.
8. Text marketing delivers your message with no filler. Just give the customer what they want, short and direct and they will respond. Text messages are capped 160 characters and give your customers a reason to do business with you without bothering your customers with information overload.
9. Text marketing or SMS marketing uses the preferred device of today's consumer, their cell phones. Customers like the feeling of being involved with something new and exciting and will respond accordingly. By taking advantage of new mobile advertising opportunities you are separating yourself from area competition. It shows that your business is moving forward and staying ahead.
10. It is a highly targeted form of advertising. You can target your text message marketing campaigns to specific customers to produce higher redemption rates and build lists that will produce immediate sales every time you send a new text advertisement to them.
Let us know what you think if we've missed any reasons why businesses should use SMS Marketing!